Dogs add balance and happiness to our lives, and each day they teach us to appreciate what life should really be about.
I've learned so much from my little Yorkie and it's made such a difference in how I approach things now. I consider it my "homework from my little teacher".
Here are Bella's Life Lessons:
- Fresh air is the best type of medicine.
- If you don't feel well, lie down until you feel better (preferably with your little dog snuggling beside you).
- Hugs are a great way to start each day.
- If you don't get what you want the first time, never stop trying.
- There's no reason to feel guilty when having a treat. Treats are good! (Can I have a treat now?)
- Greet everyone like it's the first time you've seen them in a long time.
- You can never show too much enthusiasm for something you like.
- Be patient.
- The simple pleasures in life are the most important.
- Unconditional love really does exist.
- The happiest times are when we are near the ones we love.
- Every day is another day to explore and discover. Surprise yourself by trying new things.
- Make someone feel better.
- The Yorkie's Mantra: If you get caught doing something you're not supposed to, try to look as cute as possible.
- It's OK to take a nap whenever you feel like it.
- Learn to play...you're never too old.
- A perfect day includes eating what you like, napping when you want, and taking a walk to enjoy the sights and smells around you.
The best lesson our dogs can give us is that they remind us that we are never alone as long as we have them in our lives.